Simpson Building Group (SBG) is committed to the principle that every employee has the right to return home every day in the same state of health as he or she was in before starting work.
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) is not just a priority, it is a core value of our business.
SBG is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors at our workplaces.
This means that we will:
- Identify foreseeable hazards, assess and either eliminate or control risks in the work environment, whenever we develop or modify work processes, and for the acquisition of plant and equipment.
- Consult with employees on all OHS matters.
- Base the development of SBG Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems on AS 4804 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, and legislative requirements in NSW.
- Provide employees with the training necessary to ensure health and safety at work.
- Provide employees, contractors, and visitors with such information as may be necessary to ensure health and safety at work.
- Develop specific plans, and set goals and measurable objectives to ensure the effective implementation of this policy and the continuous improvement of the SBG OHS Management System
- Provide adequate resources for OHS issues as determined consultatively with employees to implement our OHS Management System.
- Implement the SBG Corporate management system.