Simpson Building Group Pty Ltd is committed to taking all necessary steps and measures required to protect the environment and:
- Comply with environmental legislation and other applicable environmental requirements relevant to its activities, products and services and regularly evaluate its compliance with such requirements.
- Proactively pursue the minimisation of environmental impacts associated with its activities, products and services.
- Take proactive measures to protect and preserve wildlife / flora and their natural habitats.
- Endeavour to eliminate the production of polluting emissions or discharges into the environment.
- Continually strive for improvement and the prevention of pollution through the environmental performance of its activities, products and services and through the establishment of Environmental objectives and targets.
These steps include but are not limited to:
Noise Control: The Company is aware of noise level limitations required by appropriate legislation, codes and standards and applies noise reduction measures to construction plant as is necessary.
Waste Management: The Company disposes of all waste in a lawful manner and with appropriate approvals.
Erosion and Sediment Control: The Company plans and conducts construction activities to avoid erosion, contamination of the site, surrounding areas and drainage systems. Where appropriate planning may include formal erosion and sediment control plans.
Protection of Existing Flora: The Company minimises the impact of construction activities on existing flora, including identification and protection of trees to be retained and timely repair of any damage.
Incident Management: The Company addresses all environmental incidents immediately and established any appropriate control, isolation, containment and rectification procedures
Recycling: The recycling of all renewable products i.e paper, concrete, bricks, timber and water.
Energy Efficiency: Where able the use of energy efficient practices are undertaken and maintained i.e lighting, solar power